Options For Youth offers other programs and features to ensure students’ academic and social/emotional success.
Options For Youth’s programs blended learning model allows students, teachers, and families the freedom to design an individualized learning plan for each student based on his or her strengths, weaknesses, college and career goals, and schedule outside of school. Unlike a traditional school setting where students work on the same material at the same general pace, OFY allows students to complete work at a pace that suits them best, typically focusing on no more than two core subjects at a time.
As an OFY student, you will work closely with your core teacher. He or she will meet with you at least twice a week to review your coursework, coach you through assignments, administer tests and quizzes, and arrange for additional assistance, like Small Group Instruction (SGI) classes, as needed. Math, English, and Science SGI classes will allow you to learn collaboratively in small, safe environments, distraction-free, from highly skilled instructors.
OFY offers a variety of other programs and features to further a student's educational experience and help them choose their goals:
- FREE on-site Math and English Tutors
- Summer school programs for students looking to get ahead or caught up on credits - click here to learn more
- On-site Student Advisors to provide college and career information, guidance in course selection, college application and scholarship assistance, and arrangement of OFY’s many college readiness programs like College Tours and CREW - click here to learn more
- Free multiple day trips, camps, and cultural excursions - click here to learn more
- Sports teams, including: softball, basketball, passing league football, soccer, volleyball, and bowling*
- Community service opportunities
- Student groups, including: student leadership, photography, poetry, equestrian, and cheerleading*
- School events like talent shows and prom
- Unforgettable, live graduation ceremonies with student speakers (winter and spring)
* Program availability varies by location